MA Jewelry Designs Sells Undisclosed Fracture Filled Diamonds
My fiance bought a diamond ring from MA Jewelry Design mostly based on the good reviews from Amazon. They offer discounted diamond rings that appear to be a great deal. The main diamond came loose after 9 months of owning it and this sometimes happens with diamonds. We took it in to a jewelry store to tighten the diamonds and we also got an appraisal at this time. We were shocked to find out the main center stone was a fracture filled diamond which was not disclosed to us at the time of purchase. The carat weight was also much smaller than what the MA Jewelry Design website claimed. The overall total carat weight was also smaller than what was claimed. The clarity was the lowest grade because of the fracture filled diamond. Also the appraisal they send with the rings are complete BS and phony. The Gemological Institute of America refuse to issue certificates for fracture-filled diamonds. The fact is that the seller is in violation of Federal Law because they have failed to CLEARLY disclose the FACT that the diamond they listed for sale was FRACTURE FILLED - they merely say that it is "enhanced" and that has been determined by the Federal Trade Commission not to be adequate disclosure of treatment.
Beware of what you buy online as there nothing as a free lunch. Since MA Jewelry Design only has a 30 day return policy- get your rings appraised AS SOON AS YOU RECEIVE IT. Be aware of what they mean when you see "CLARITY ENHANCED"- which means laser drilling or fracture filling. You need to be aware if you are buying a fracture filled diamond. This is a huge concern because if another jeweler works on a fracture filled diamond without knowing it is fracture filled- the diamond can shatter.
We contacted MA Jewelry Design about our concerns and all they did was email us back defending their phony appraisal saying our appraisal was crooked and that it is really hard to estimate the actual carat weight. REALLY?????? I wouldn't buy from this company again unless you are willing to pay less for a glass filled diamond that shatter at any time. Or you like expensive costume jewelry. $4000 is still a lot of money to spend on a piece of junk. VERY DISAPPOINTED with the product MA Jewelry Design sells and more DISAPPOINTED by their response and customer service. Save your money and buy from a jewelry store. DO NOT BUY FROM MA JEWELRY DESIGN!
More Review Details
- Product or service
- Diamond Ring
- Review category
- Luxury / Jewelry
You May Also Like
- "I must sayI was very excited about my handbag my husband had purchased for me Christmas 2009, it was the Tivoli GM and it was gorgeous and roomy. June 2012..."
- "Ordered the "The Magic Of Mickey Mouse" Diamonesk Embrace Ring at the beginning of December for my daughter for Christmas . When it got close to Christmas, wondering where my..."
- "TRUE FACTS: Since the beginning Origami Owl Fraudulently has sued and harassed companies/people in the USA and outside of the USA. These poor people could have had a fight if they..."
- "I bought a bedroom set for my 2year old 3 months ago. I have received most of it but the trundle bed and head board came broken. they have try..."
- "I've had the 50ft hose for 4 months. It blew up in my hand this AM as I was washing off my pool deck. Not happy! Not sure if I..."
- "I will tell you - company support is horrible. Company game is full of bugs. And most of all, they punish others for their own incompetence. I've played close to..."
- "Ashley furniture - never again , the worse furniture and experience ever . We got today the delivery from Ashley Winnipeg of furniture which costed 5000 dollars. My family and..."
- "Purchased a huge 40 ounce Whitman's sampler today. It was around $40. We took it straight home and opened it up and over half of the pieces of chocolate were..."
- "I got a Tee Shirt instead of a Hoodie I ordered and I haven't gotten anything back from then other than canned responses. The hoodie was a XL Men's hoodie...."