My fiance bought a diamond ring from MA Jewelry Design mostly based on the good reviews from Amazon. They offer discounted diamond rings that appear to be a great deal. The main diamond came loose after 9 months of owning it and this sometimes happens with diamonds. We took it in to a jewelry store to tighten the diamonds and we also got an appraisal at this time. We were shocked to find out the main center stone was a fracture filled diamond which was not disclosed to us at the time of purchase. The carat weight was also much smaller than what the MA Jewelry Design website claimed. The overall total carat weight was also smaller than what was claimed. The clarity was the lowest grade because of the fracture filled diamond. Also the appraisal they send with the rings are complete BS and phony. The Gemological Institute of America refuse to issue certificates for fracture-filled diamonds. The fact is that the seller is in violation of Federal Law because they have failed to CLEARLY disclose the FACT that the diamond they listed for sale was FRACTURE FILLED - they merely say that it is "enhanced" and that has been determined by the Federal Trade Commission not to be adequate disclosure of treatment.
Beware of what you buy online as there nothing as a free lunch. Since MA Jewelry Design only has a 30 day return policy- get your rings appraised AS SOON AS YOU RECEIVE IT. Be aware of what they mean when you see "CLARITY ENHANCED"- which means laser drilling or fracture filling. You need to be aware if you are buying a fracture filled diamond. This is a huge concern because if another jeweler works on a fracture filled diamond without knowing it is fracture filled- the diamond can shatter.
We contacted MA Jewelry Design about our concerns and all they did was email us back defending their phony appraisal saying our appraisal was crooked and that it is really hard to estimate the actual carat weight. REALLY?????? I wouldn't buy from this company again unless you are willing to pay less for a glass filled diamond that shatter at any time. Or you like expensive costume jewelry. $4000 is still a lot of money to spend on a piece of junk. VERY DISAPPOINTED with the product MA Jewelry Design sells and more DISAPPOINTED by their response and customer service. Save your money and buy from a jewelry store. DO NOT BUY FROM MA JEWELRY DESIGN!
More Review Details
- Product or service
- Diamond Ring
- Review category
- Luxury / Jewelry
You May Also Like
- "1st purchase was a Gucci scarf tote $550. Messaged seller numerous times with no response, was told by Tradesy all they could do was wait to hear from them. Then..."
- "I started seeing pictures of these lockets on my Facebook news feed in early 2013 and was intrigued. I thought the idea of a locket with charms was adorable..."
- "I ordered Aquamarine earrings from Jared. They were shown in a brilliant Aquamarine color (see photo). What they sent was clear glass (see photo). Not even a hint..."
- "The hood cracked and then literally started melting... why would a product intended for heating food melt!!!? What a scam. ..."
- "I received a Lane recliner for a Christmas present. It was purchased at Dillards in San Antonio. After 6 months, screws started to fall out of the chair...."
- "I had forgotten why I stopped using Parts Geek. I bought 2 Moog tie Rod ends and 1 box was open and the install package was missing. Cannot reach anyone..."
- "I placed an order to tummy filler with Zomato using their smartphone app (order no. 9808959) on 23 October 2016, at 4;27 pm. The order (food garlic bread andsalad wrap..."
- " Last week my KitchenAid (owned by Whirlpool) microwave oven ceased to function. It is a high end appliance with a retail cost in the neighborhood of $550. I investigated the..."
- "First the positive (which is why it's got a star at all): The company (when it shows up) is EXTREMELY fast, efficient and hard working. They know their stuff and..."