MA Jewelry Designs Sells Undisclosed Fracture Filled Diamonds
My fiance bought a diamond ring from MA Jewelry Design mostly based on the good reviews from Amazon. They offer discounted diamond rings that appear to be a great deal. The main diamond came loose after 9 months of owning it and this sometimes happens with diamonds. We took it in to a jewelry store to tighten the diamonds and we also got an appraisal at this time. We were shocked to find out the main center stone was a fracture filled diamond which was not disclosed to us at the time of purchase. The carat weight was also much smaller than what the MA Jewelry Design website claimed. The overall total carat weight was also smaller than what was claimed. The clarity was the lowest grade because of the fracture filled diamond. Also the appraisal they send with the rings are complete BS and phony. The Gemological Institute of America refuse to issue certificates for fracture-filled diamonds. The fact is that the seller is in violation of Federal Law because they have failed to CLEARLY disclose the FACT that the diamond they listed for sale was FRACTURE FILLED - they merely say that it is "enhanced" and that has been determined by the Federal Trade Commission not to be adequate disclosure of treatment.
Beware of what you buy online as there nothing as a free lunch. Since MA Jewelry Design only has a 30 day return policy- get your rings appraised AS SOON AS YOU RECEIVE IT. Be aware of what they mean when you see "CLARITY ENHANCED"- which means laser drilling or fracture filling. You need to be aware if you are buying a fracture filled diamond. This is a huge concern because if another jeweler works on a fracture filled diamond without knowing it is fracture filled- the diamond can shatter.
We contacted MA Jewelry Design about our concerns and all they did was email us back defending their phony appraisal saying our appraisal was crooked and that it is really hard to estimate the actual carat weight. REALLY?????? I wouldn't buy from this company again unless you are willing to pay less for a glass filled diamond that shatter at any time. Or you like expensive costume jewelry. $4000 is still a lot of money to spend on a piece of junk. VERY DISAPPOINTED with the product MA Jewelry Design sells and more DISAPPOINTED by their response and customer service. Save your money and buy from a jewelry store. DO NOT BUY FROM MA JEWELRY DESIGN!
More Review Details
- Product or service
- Diamond Ring
- Review category
- Luxury / Jewelry
You May Also Like
- "http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/watchismo/xeriscope-the-orbiting-mechanical-automatic-watch This scam watch is going for $350 to $400 on kickstarter right now. Only you can buy the same watch for $80-$90 on ebay and amazon and many other..."
- "Bought this ring, and had it appraised at another jewelry store and they told me it was a low cost stone not what PrimeStyle said it was..."
- "I purchase this ring and within 3 months found it had chipped, I returned to Earnest Jones where I was told the ring would need to sent off to their..."
- "So I have worked for the company for a few years now at a few different chains in a few different states. Each time transferring easily to my current postion..."
- "I ordered from this company because it's hard to find a petite size wig that's not a pixie cut. I was excited when it finally came so I could try..."
- "I got the free trial size..They sent me 2, charged my credit card for the extra..That ticked me off..Then I got an email asking me for my credit card. I..."
- "I received a Lane recliner for a Christmas present. It was purchased at Dillards in San Antonio. After 6 months, screws started to fall out of the chair...."
- "About seven months ago I had Hardwood Specialists come out to the house to look at my Hardwood floors. They were in very bad shape. Ken Zand the salesman came..."
- "I had a horrible experience with the pizza Hut on 34th st st pete..the manager crystal. ..let me back up..i ordered a pizza box on line which was supposed to..."